Admissions and Apply
You are warmly invited to visit St Mary’s College Sixth Form (SM6) before making an application for a place. Prospective SM6 students are welcome to make an appointment to meet with the team for a tour of the sixth form or attend one of our Open Evenings in October and January to meet with course leaders and explore your personal options.
For A Level courses, prospective students must have achieved at least five GCSE Grade 4 passes or above across a range of subjects. Entry to BTEC National courses requires those who have previously studied the subject at Level 2 to have achieved at Merit Level or above. An English GCSE pass at Grade 4 or above is required for all Level 3 courses. Any additional and specific entry requirements for individual subjects are detailed in course leaflets.
Progression in A level subjects from Year 12 to Year 13 is based on performance at the end of Year 12.
- Apply online: Start by applying online and you will receive a response from our enrolment team to confirm receipt of your complete application.
- Interview: After you have applied, you will receive an invitation to a short informal interview, which will include a tour of the SM6 facilities. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for our college and meet our 6th Form staff.
- Enrolment: Following your interview, you will receive an offer of a place to study at St Mary’s 6th Form via email and then you will need to complete an enrolment form to secure your place with us.
- Course Enrolment: You will then attend an enrolment session, where you will enrol on to your chosen courses. You will need to bring a copy of your GCSE results and a copy of your Y11 attendance with you. Without this documentation you cannot be enrolled.
- Intro Days: On your first day back in September, you will have your introduction day. This is our way of welcoming new starters to the college and making sure they have everything they need to start their courses.
To apply for a place at St Mary’s College Sixth Form please complete this online application form:
The Local Education Authority will fund any student entitled for ‘Home Fees’ and will consider funding for those who fall into the following categories:
- Accompanying parents with "right of abode"
- Unaccompanied asylum seekers
- Dependants of teachers on "teacher exchange programme"
- Unaccompanied but holding a full British Citizen Passport (not an overseas British Passport)
- Passport is endorsed stating "right of abode"
- Short stay of a maximum of 6 weeks
If you are in any doubt about your son/daughter's eligibility to fees, please contact the Local Education Authority.
Hull City Council (01482) 300300
East Riding Council (01482) 393939
(If you have difficulty filling in any part of this form, please contact the Sixth Form office on 01482 808878)
If you have any queries regarding sixth form entry please contact:
Mr J Charlton
Tel: 01482 808878