School staff and volunteers are particularly well placed to observe outward changes in behaviour, signs of abuse and failure to develop because they have daily contact with children and young people.
In delivering our Safeguarding duties we will provide a caring, safe environment which promotes the development of the whole child, we will work to identify concerns at an early stage to help prevent them escalating and will work with parents and carers to protect the welfare of all children and young people. We always act in the best interests of the child.
Designated Lead for Child Protection
Mr Andrew Turner: Vice Principal
- Ensures child protection procedures are in place and updated as appropriate
- Ensures all staff are aware of the school policy and procedures
- Is available to provide advice/support to staff, parents and carers and for confidential discussions about concerns
- Is available to provide support to pupil
- Is responsible for co-ordinating arrangements for monitoring of pupils on roll who have been identified as being in need of protection
Our Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy:
- Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy SMC 2021-22 Web
- Parents Safeguarding Information Leaflet June 21
Out of Hours emergency contacts
- Early Help & Safeguarding Hub: (01482) 448879
- Out of Hours immediate help team: (01482) 300304
- Child in immediate danger: 999
- Police non-emergency: 101
Useful websites / information sources:
- Parent guide to Roblox : how your children can play safely
- thinkuknow : https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- internet matters: https://www.internetmatters.or...
- parentzone: https://parentzone.org.uk/
- net-aware: www.net-aware.org.uk
- safety detectives: https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/parents-guide-for-safe-youtube-and-internet-streaming-for-kids/
- Headstart Hull: https://www.howareyoufeeling.org.uk/
Other useful numbers for information:
- Childline: 0800 11 11 (free to call 24 hours a day)
- The Samaritans: 116 123
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000 ( https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/...)
(professional counsellors available 24/7 for help & advice)
Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2021
Statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children and safer recruitment
Information about health and well-being support:
Kooth is a FREE, anonymous, confidential, safe, online well-being service, offering professional support, information, and forums for children and young people.
As the long awaited return to school and college has now arrived, we, at Kooth.com, would like to do everything we can to support young people and staff within school settings to hopefully help make the return as smooth as possible. To aid with this we have produced 2 back to school brochures, one to support young people and one to support teachers and other school staff which we hope you will find useful. You can find the brochures here.
Sign up free at Kooth.com
Helpful resources for students from the NSPCC
Key services supporting children and young people's emotional health and well-being in the local area:
Duty number for the school nurses
Tel: 01482 344301 / 336634
Text messaging number: 61825
e-mail address: email@example.com
We are proud to announce that we are now a National Online Safety certified school having demonstrated our whole school community commitment to online safety.