Free School Meals
19th July 2021
Free School Meals application form. Please complete and return directly to Hull City Council:
As well as being a good thing for your child, your child's school will also receive extra funding through the Government's 'Pupil Premium' grant which can help fund extra tuition, additional support staff, music lessons or after-school activities.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (their parent/guardian/carer) are in receipt of any of the following:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (not Contribution Based Jobseekers Allowance)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (not Contribution Based Employment & Support Allowance)
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit, during its initial roll out
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
If you have any queries relating to free school meals please see the Hull City Council website or call 613076.